Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Spontaneity!

The past few days have been quite creative for me.  Unfortunately it's put me in a sort of an odd haze.  Courtney has had real trouble keeping my attention on things and such.  Last night though, after a long day of work (where we did no business), I got creative with dinner.

Many weeks back, one of my coworkers recommended a few wines to me, one of which was a Fish Eye Shiraz 2003, and now I'm seriously considering her tastes to be lacking, or she's using me to test out wines before she buys them.  Actually the other two weren't that bad (New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc (I got a Nautilus) and the Fish Eye Pinot Grigio)

The label on the back said to have it with grilled meats and vegetables like chicken and peppers with onion and such.  For whatever reason though, I was in the mood for Pizza.  We went to the grocery store and picked up some dough, cheese, some sauce, precooked chicken strips (because we couldn't find any raw ones to sauté) and green peppers.

I had all of this planned in the beginning. After chopping half a green pepper, half an onion and a few garlic cloves, I sauté-ze-zizzled them (f*** you spell check, sauté is a word and so is Sauvignon Blanc) in our huge enamel pan.  Normally if the store had raw chicken in stock, I would have thrown those in with the mix.  Adding pepper never hurts too.  Meanwhile I prepped the pizza. A few weeks ago we had a wine and cheese party, and we brought some Munster, and we never got around to using it. In all we used Sharp white Cheddar, Shredded Mozzarella, the Munster (I know your humming the theme song), a three cheese blend of Parmisian, Asaigo and Romano, and to top it off some Feta.

Oh yeah and before I forget, Courtney decided not to eat a lot of the chicken in her curried chicken take out last night.  We added some of that too.

It ended up looking like this. Upon cutting though, it ended up being a fork and knife pizza since I added too many topping and I stretched the inner dough too thin.  Everything  was okay, wasn't too bad.  if I had more time to plan it would have turned out awesome, but it was pretty good for an experimental pizza with substandard dough and sauce.

The wine though, was CRAP! Drink it to know what lack luster, thin, zero dimensional wine tastes like.  This tasted like typical red wine fruits (cranberries, rasberries, etc.) with a shot of vodka.  It finished horribly with old cheap chocolate, that rasberry taste ended up turning into gushers with a hint of cheap sour apple candy.  It's like they wanted to make an ultra dry fruit bomb.  The Nose wasn't that bad, it actually smelled delightful, but the actual consuming of the wine was a chore.  I didn't even finish my glass, I went to bed with a full stomach under the effects of alchohol and woke up to a half empty glass.  But the pizza made up for it.  I do miss that pizza.

No comments: